Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oshawa (i.e. The 'Sh'wiggity 'Sh'wa)

So, on Saturday of this weekend past (18/09/10), instead of being a responsible college student like I should be, and doing my homework, or cleaning my room, or packing, or doing the million things I'm SUPPOSED to be doing, I made an excursion to Oshawa with my friend. We were confronted, first, with the issue of getting there, which was expensive and turned out to be a lot more tedious than we’d expected. Three hours there and three hours back was not exactly how I’d intended to spend my Saturday.

Of course, rarely do we do what we intend.

                You know those friends that you’re just comfortable with? The ones where a silence is not awkward, but instead, comfortable. Odd as it may be. That is how Shelby and I are as friends. Presumably it’s because we’ve spent so much time together, and know each other well enough that we don’t feel odd or uncomfortable when a silence hits, as it would be bound to in the four years that we’ve known each other. This made the bus ride bearable, because with friends who just have to talk no matter what to keep the awkward away, conversation turns tedious, and that person becomes irritating. Of course, I'm a hypocrite. I love talking. It's truly   a curse.

                Regardless of the lengthy time spent travelling, it was a good day, filled with beauty and wonderment, as we’d never been there before and it was something to explore. We passed many a beautiful house (THERE WAS A FOUNTAIN IN FRONT OF ONE OF THEM!!), and we were so excited that containing ourselves was barely possible when we finally reached our friends’ apartment (which is listed under their names, which just makes it really, really cool). Star Wars and shortbread made things good just better.

Two of the greatest highlights of the day:

At 1 am, we were at the York Mills Subway Station, and I was freezing. DAMN cold. My jaw was locked and I was just... cold. So, we went into the depths of the subway station to try to warm up whilst waiting for our bus. Once I'd warmed up, on out way back, Shelby and I saw this slick guy, looking immaculate at 1 am. Shelby theorized that it was the real life Doctor Who. Aw yeah. Here's a diagram:



The second highlight was dinner. Lunch? Dunch. Linner. A combination of those. We went to a Japanese place to eat, and I got impossible to eat noodles, and tempura. (I love tempura... so much.)

                My friend’s desert was so beautiful, for some strange reason, I just had to take a picture of it. The only picture I took on our entire trip:



Mango Pudding. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment