Blog Archive

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Pre-Blanche-ing Experience

Well! I haven't posted in a couple of days, and I know that I will be WAYY too tired to post when I get home.

"Why?" you may ask. Well, because tonight is Nuit Blanche! An all night art/strange-fest in downtown Toronto. I don't expect to be home until hella late (yes, I just used hella in a sentence), so I figured I'd regale myself with the events of a couple years ago.

So, a couple years ago, I went with my father and his girlfriend, and it was pretty great.

We went into one exhibit, and it was pieces of art that were all... sheep-themed.
Then, we meandered along, and finally, after a harsh trek to find the best thing ever... 

We found it.

It was an obscure little event, that was basically a contest for mascots. Those poor people who dress up like fuzzy animals to try to get everyone revved up.... except for 12 HOURS. Probably one of the highlights of my life. There were lions and tigers and bears passed out in the middle of the field, and the mascots kept stealing each other's heads. So you got something like this:

All in all it was a wonderful experience, lots of laughs and great times created. 
So now, off to Nuit Blanche!

No comments:

Post a Comment