Blog Archive

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Inner-City Nun


This is a rap.
Yo I'm an inner-city nun
Y'all can't fuck wit' mah gun
I'm married to the Father
Holy Ghost and the Son

Mah pimp is an abbot,
I ain't breakin' this habit
When I take out my rosary,
I know you wanna grab it

I don't wanna reproduce
Chastity is what I use
Poverty, obedience
Nothing that I can abuse

I took a solemn vow
And y'all can't stop me now
When they see me in the abbey
They sure know what I'm about


Ah yeah I'm reppin' this church
There ain't no where else to search
For spiritual fulfillment
And a bitchin' place to perch

Charity, philosophy
They give me all that I will need
To get in to heaven
And some afterlife security

And now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
And I won't die before I wake
I'm the goodest sister on this heap

Amen.


-----------


My object was to confuse and amuse, and I hope I've done that.

This joke spawned from years of me being well...  myself. Back in 9th grade, I had my sights set on becoming a nun. Not because I'm religious in any way, but because I wanted to be a recluse, and that seemed like the best way to do it.

Now that I'm older, and have grown a fondness for the city, I feel that being a nun would still be a good option for social seclusion, but I would never want to be parted from the city. So I decided to become an "inner-city" nun. Discussing this with my friends led to... this. Because, inner-city is automatically associated with basketball. (You know it's true) And for some reason, I'd have to wear PVC. I think its a good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment